Family Connections Program
Decreasing maternal substance use and fostering parent-child attachment. Download the flyer to learn more about the program. Click here.
Our practice is
Trauma Informed Care
Trauma Informed Care means recognizing that people often have many different types of trauma in their lives. People who have been traumatized need support and understanding from those around them.
Know the Signs
How do I know if a friend or family member might be experiencing some problems?
1. A noticeable change in someone’s personality (angry a lot, quiet, sad, or moody - when they weren’t that way before)
2. A noticeable change in the way someone looks - (lack of self- care, red eyes, dilated pupils)
3. Sleeping a lot more
4. A loss of interest in family and/or
friends, school, or activities
5. Changing to friends who might not
be so good for them
6. Isolating, staying in their
room, not wanting to have fun
How to find us
Phoenix Counseling Center offers high quality, heart-centered counseling services in a home-like setting, providing a safe, supportive environment for addiction and trauma recovery.
Making a Difference
I will always be grateful for the
opportunity I was given to get clean
and sober, work through my trauma and find myself again.
The groups were great. I got a lot out of engaging and getting problems off my chest. The counselors were great. D.H.
Everyone was consistent and I never felt like I was being judged.
I liked how friendly the staff was and how willing they were to help and listen to my thoughts and feelings. P.L.